Photo by Garon Piceli from Pexels
Pregnancy is a time when your hormones are in a rage. It is easy to be overwhelmed by new feelings, sensations, and changes in your body that make you feel not in control. Taking care of your pregnant self lets you be in control and preserve your health and beauty.
It’s not easy to look in a mirror with disheveled hair and dry, blotchy skin. It’s also frustrating to try and fit yourself in your pre-pregnant outfits. Get rid of the idea that this is normal. What’s normal is a pregnant woman embracing and enjoying her pregnancy by taking care of her body, her health, and beauty.
Studies by the MRC/US Anxiety and Stress Disorders Research Unit show that babies born of happy mothers are healthier — they are heavier, more active, and agreeable. They also absorb more nutrients from their first feedings which are essential for their nourishment.
Happy mothers are also found to produce better-quality milk for their babies. Negative emotions increase the risk of developing post-pregnancy depression. This affects how a mother bonds and cares for her newborn.
The best way to ward off this negativity is to preserve your health and beauty.
- First, follow a healthy diet under the specifications of your doctor. Do not assume that the diet your other pregnant friend follows is right for you. Your health and beauty needs are unique. You may have deficiencies or skin care needs, which your friend’s diet cannot address.
- Second, take supplements and vitamins according to your doctor’s instructions. Never take drugs or any form of medicine without your doctor’s approval. It may have adverse effects on your baby.
- Third, exercise lightly to avoid gaining excess weight. Expectant mothers normally gain 15-20 pounds; anything higher than that can give you a difficult delivery.
- Fourth, get adequate sleep and rest. Nothing is more stressful than sleepless nights because of hormones and restlessness. Make up for lost sleep during the day; your body tells you when it needs some shut-eye.
Of course, a pregnant woman’s health and beauty are not limited to her physical needs. Her emotional and psychological well-being is just as important. You know that nothing boosts your confidence than being thought of and complimented as beautiful.
You can easily get that goddess feeling again through modern maternity fashion. Take all those loose, tent-like dresses your mother-in-law lent you. Contemporary maternity designers are coming out with new designs that showcase your pregnant body rather than hiding it.
- Take advantage of your fuller cleavage and wear lower necklines. Show off your pregnant belly in stretch tops that hug your curves in solid colors.
- Avoid hiding in busy prints and opt for simple, understated accents and accessories.
- Change your hairstyle — pregnancy is a perfect excuse to try the new pixie cut.
- Keep your posture straight and your feet pretty in fun flats and funky mules.
- Do not hesitate to indulge yourself in some necessary skincare. There are serums, moisturizers, and SPFs recommended by experts that are safe to use in pregnancy.
Health and beauty are essentials for a pregnant woman. Take care of yours to be better-equipped in caring for your baby. Treat your pregnancy as your time to shine with natural health and beauty. Staying healthy and beautiful during pregnancy is not only easy; it is the best thing you can do for yourself and your baby.